I love making breakfast parfaits. I post so many on my instagram account that I am sure that is what people think I eat all summer long. They wouldn’t be that far off! When I have fresh berries they look so pretty layered, and the oats warm the fresh berries just enough to bring out the natural sweetness. Layering always seems to make something look fancier and more time consuming than it is, because this couldn’t get any faster or easier. My kids think that parfait = dessert. Dessert for breakfast is never bad when it is as healthy as this one. They look forward to any leftovers that we might have.
Strawberry Shortcake Oatmeal Parfait
1 Cup Steel Cut Oats
2 Cups Almond Milk
1 Cup Water
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste
2 Tablespoons Local Honey*
1-2 Cups Vanilla Coconut Yogurt**
16 Strawberries, sliced
Sliced Almonds, toasted (optional it is nice for texture.)
1. Add first four ingredients to the pressure cooker. Place lid on pressure cooker and press porridge and set for 3 minutes (or cook on high pressure 3 minutes).
2. Let rest for 10 minutes after cooking. *I have let mine rest up to 1 1/2 hours*
3. Release any remaining pressure and remove lid tilting it away from you. Stir the oatmeal.
4. Layer oatmeal, sliced strawberries, coconut yogurt and repeat ending with yogurt and strawberries. If you have a clear serving dish it is really pretty. Garnish with toasted almonds.
* To make it vegan use maple syrup or coconut nectar
** You can also use coconut whip cream to make it extra special.
Timing Chart used from The New Fast Food
Disclaimer: this post contains amazon affiliate links.